Would you be interested in joining our supportive and committed team at St. Peter’s? Our vision of Achieve-Believe-Create leads all that we do to prepare our children for the journey of life and you too can be a part of this. There is currently 1 vacancy at our vibrant, welcoming and supportive village school.
Specialist Support Assistant
Salary: Grade 6 – £20,344 - £21,589 (pro rata)
28 Hours per Week (Term Time Only)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, well organised and caring individual to provide individualised support to pupils in our vibrant, welcoming and supportive village school. For your application to be successful, you will be able to offer:
- experience of working with pupils with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC);
- commitment to maintaining high standards of behaviour and motivating children to learn;
- an ability to be fair, apply equal opportunities at all times and understand the importance of confidentiality;
- confidence adopting and adapting different approaches used to facilitate learning for pupils with Special Educational Needs and disabilities (SEND);
- dedication to team working and an ability to use your own initiative;
- a growth mindset including a willingness to take on additional training and study.
St. Peter's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. The post is subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service and qualifications checks, a health check and satisfactory references.
This is a temporary contract until 31st July 2021 subject to funding. Sadly school visits cannot be arranged at this time. However, please contact the School Secretary, Ms Gina Griffin, on 01444 892314 if you wish to discuss the post with the school SENCO or Headteacher. Application and Safer Recruiting forms, together with your letter of application, should be posted or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.