The Gym - Sport & Fitness
St. Peter's is proud to be a healthy and active school community, with a highly successful sporting tradition! This year has been no exception demonstrated through our involvement in the 'Virtual' Sussex School Games. Some of you may be considering pursuing a career as a world class athlete when you leave school, but it is important for all of us to maintain a healthy lifestyle. As you will all know, physical education (PE) isn't just about competitive sport. We learn to: work as a team developing an understanding of fairness and respect; improve our flexibility, strength and technique; understand healthy life choices; perform patterns and routines; challenge ourselves; and share ideas by coaching others. If this has reminded you just how much you love sport and fitness then maybe a future career in sports management or development could be for you!
PE Subject Leader
The Body Coach
Have we all forgotten about PE with Joe? Back in March when lockdown began, this YouTube sensation inspired children and parents across the country with his daily 30 minute 'PE with Joe' workouts. if you want something a little quicker, he also has a playlist entitled 'Kids Workouts To Do At Home'. Doing either of these daily would be a good routine to get into for the summer holidays.
Improve Your Jumping
How many different ways can you make a jump?
(2 feet to 2 feet; 1 foot to 2 feet; 2 feet to 1 foot; 1 foot to 1 foot (hop); 1 foot to the other foot (leap)
- Can you land all these jumps with a stable landing?
- Can you use these jumps to jump over a line, a marker, a book?
- Do you have to always jump forwards? Can you jump in different directions?
- Can you jump over different obstacles?
- Can you jump up high as well as for distance?
- Can you make shapes when you jump?
- Can you add a ¼, ½ or full turn to your jump?
Can you link jumps together?
- Can you create a story that involves different kinds of jumps and movements?
- Can you create a repeating pattern of jumps? Can you remember and repeat this pattern? Can you teach this pattern to someone else?
- Can you set out an obstacle course involving different ways of moving and jumping? Can you move through the course successfully? How many times can you get round your course in 3 or 5 minutes?
Old Skool Sports Day
This is the last week of the 'Virtual' School Games and it's an 'Old Skool Sports Day'!
Don’t forget to log your scores:
At the beginning of #homelearning, Ms Price posted some Just Dance videos on the Swallow Class page which the children really enjoyed. They are still available here:
If you want to try more Just Dance you can get one free song each day from the following website. A parent will need to download the app onto a smartphone for you which needs to be held tightly whilst following the routine!
Don't forget, there are lots more links to activities here on the 'Home Learning' page of our website: